Our company is a licensed registered agent in Seychelles and has licenses for international corporate, trustee and foundation services (more information).
- Seychelles is a group of islands in the Indian Ocean to the east of Africa. The largest island is Mahe. The Republic of Seychelles is an independent state (since 1976), a member of the Commonwealth. The capital is Victoria. Official languages are French, Seychellois Creole, English. The national currency is the Seychellois rupee (SCR).
- The legal system of Seychelles combines the elements of English Common Law and French Civil Law. The Constitution of 1993 is in force.
- Key sectors of economy are international tourism (the country has regular air communication with the UAE and the SAR), commercial fishery. Substantial share belongs to international corporate and financial services.
- Seychelles is one of the popular tax free jurisdictions in the East African region. Seychelles companies are widely used in international business.
- Registration of private foundations and international trusts is available along with international business companies.
- The Financial Services Authority (FSA) is the state regulator.
Key features of Seychelles international business companies (IBC)
- Status, creation and business of Seychelles IBCs are governed by the current version of International Business Companies Act, 2016.
- IBCs may engage in any legal business both in and outside of Seychelles.
- The IBCs are exempt from local taxes if they carry on business only outside of Seychelles. The only levy compulsory for payment is the annual fee. Tax is payable only in case if company generates Seychelles-sourced income.
- The companies are not required to file accounts and auditor’s reports with the state authorities. However, there are requirements for keeping corporate and accounting records.
- The law allows conversion of international business company into an ordinary (local) company and vice versa.
- The law also provides the option for continuation of a foreign company in Seychelles as an IBC (re-domiciliation).
Confidentiality and international information exchange
- Details of shareholders and beneficial owners are not subject to disclosure. Normally such information is available to registered agent and to bank that maintains company’s account only.
- Seychelles participate in the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters as amended by the Protocol 2010 (entered into force from 1 October 2015) and the Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement on Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information. Seychelles started automatic exchange in practice in September 2017.
- As on the beginning of 2017 Seychelles participate in bilateral tax information exchange agreements (TIEA) with the following countries and territories: Denmark, the Faroes, Finland, Greenland, India, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland.
- Seychelles also participate in agreements for avoidance of double taxation (not applicable to IBC companies) with the following countries and territories: Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Botswana, China, Congo, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guernsey, Indonesia, Isle of Man, Jersey, Kenya, Kuwait, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mauritius, Monaco, Mozambique, Oman, Qatar, SAR, San Marino, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Thailand, the UAE, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Click to rate this page!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]